Early gum disease is very common. Usually it can be kept under control by regular hygienist treatments and by a good daily oral healthcare routine. However, if left untreated, it can progress to become periodontal disease, which slowly destroys the gum tissue and bone which holds your teeth in place. Eventually your teeth can become loose and may fall out or need extracting. As well as providing preventative services we offer treatment to bring the disease back under control and to help save your teeth from falling out.
Periodontal treatment includes:
- Treatment of Gingivitis (inflamed or bleeding gums)
- Treatment of periodontal disease (disease affecting gum tissue and underlying bone)
- Gum disease treatment around implants – Peri-implantitis
- Correction of uneven gum line (crown lengthening)
- Cosmetic gum graft to correct gum shrinkage
- Treatment of bad breath (halitosis)
- Dental Implant Treatment
There are many forms of periodontal disease often resulting from bacterial build-up on the teeth and gums. Over time and if untreated, this can lead to inflammation of the gums and degradation of the bone surrounding the teeth and eventually premature loss of teeth. More regular visits to the hygienist are often associated with periodontic treatment and we have a team of hygienists at Nordea.