You may have heard about the new ‘invisible brace’ and wondered what it is all about. If you have teeth that are crowded, too far apart or have shifted since wearing conventional braces, invisalign® at STM may give you a new reason to smile!
Because it is nearly invisible almost no one can tell you are wearing invisalign®, so you can smile more during as well as after your treatment. You can remove invisalign® so you can eat and drink what you like, and studies have shown that it can be better for your dental hygiene during treatment. With no metal or sharp edges, invisalign® is comfortable to wear and does not cause allergies.
The convenience and ease of use have made it the choice of over half a million people, giving hundreds of thousands of people amazing new smiles.
How does it work ?
Using the latest advances in 3-D computer technology, invisalign® uses your dentist’s instructions to create a series of custom made removable mouth trays (aligners). These aligners apply a controlled amount of force to your teeth, causing them to move. Each aligner is slightly different, moving your teeth gradually into the desired position.
How long will Invisalign® take ?
- Invisalign® only works while you wear the aligners. We recommend they are worn full time day and night (min 22–24 hours).
- Each aligner is worn for 2 weeks, (before moving onto the next in the series), moving your teeth millimetre by millimetre, week by week, until you reach your desired result.
- Treatment length will vary depending on your case, but the average invisalign® treatment is nine to eighteen months.
- During treatment you should visit us periodically at STM, until it is determined that your treatment is complete.
- Once active treatment is complete, there may be some fine tuning to create that perfect smile.